for information and notices concerning Xignite's collection and use of your personal information.
Guard Your Password
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access any secure areas of the Site. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Xignite of any unauthorized use of your password.
Your Use of the Content
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Xignite, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Xignite does not control the Content posted via the Services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Xignite be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- Post, publish or transmit any text, graphics, or material that: (i) is false or misleading; (ii) is defamatory; (iii) invades another’s privacy; (iv) is obscene, pornographic, or offensive; (v) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group; (vi) infringes another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights; or (vii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Xignite’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Xignite’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- Attempt to access or search the Site, Content, or Services with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided by Xignite or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator);
- Send unsolicited email, junk mail, “spam”, or chain letters, or promotions or advertisements for products or services;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any ay use the Site, Content or Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Content, or Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- harm minors in any way;
You acknowledge that Xignite may or may not pre-screen Content, but that Xignite shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content that is available via the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Xignite shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Xignite or submitted to Xignite, including without limitation information in Xignite Message Boards and in all other parts of the Services unless expressely allowed to do so by Xignite.
Xignite does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant Xignite the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
Contributions to Xignite
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to Xignite through its suggestion or feedback webpages, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information.
- Xignite is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to those Contributions.
- Xignite shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide.
- Xignite may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development.
- Your Contributions automatically become the property of Xignite without any obligation of Xignite to you.
- You are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Xignite under any circumstances.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Xignite is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Xignite of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Use of the Site at Your Own Risk
Your access to and use of the Site, Content, and Services is at your own risk. Xignite will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Site, Content, or Services. The Site is Available "AS-IS" THE SITE, CONTENT, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, XIGNITE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
XIGNITE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. XIGNITE MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM Xignite OR THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT, OR SERVICES, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER XIGNITE NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE, CONTENT, OR SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE, CONTENT, OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT XIGNITE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Xignite IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHER, XIGNITE WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF XIGNITE TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO XIGNITE FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, OR SERVICES. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN XIGNITE AND YOU.
[SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.]
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction